Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Character Concepts from Untitled Film













The film that I am currently working on has MANY characters in it. The beginning of the film consists of a dream sequence that takes place during the American Revolution. These are some of the redcoat soldiers who will be depicted in the battle sequence. Since it is a dream, I took some liberties with their designs (did a little research to make sure that I was close, but I intentionally left their look somewhat generic and didn't obsess about the details). Since the dream takes place in the main character's mind, it is really his vision of what these individuals might look like (based on whatever limited knowledge he has of history). Therefore, I decided they needed to look like redcoats, but they didn't need to necessarily be historically accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment