Friday, February 24, 2012

New Hall Shot With Character

Working this shot up with character in it. First pass. Will play with this some more, but basically what I want to do with this shot. Just reading 'Steal Like An Artist' by Austin Kleon. Good, VERY quick read, but one part he talks about setting up an analog AND digital workstation in his studio and it makes a lot of sense. Did that today (moved all the electronics off of my other table so I can go back to paper and rough the first pass of my new board BEFORE I jump into the computer). Like that hands on feel and you feel more physical with the paper. Then, I can bring it into the computer and begin to start working over top of the rough sketches on paper. Will follow that approach for the next version of this board. Just keeps evolving. I think the story is getting streamlined and with that, I think I'm moving in the right direction. Finding the essence of what I want to say AND trying to pull out the scenes I WANT TO SEE on the screen. GOTTA make the movie you want to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment